Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
The MCFM BJJ program is an official affiliate of 8th Degree Red/Black Belt, Rigan Machado and you will learn from the ONLY two Jiu-Jitsu blackbelts in Western Wisconsin, Michael Ellefson and Tim Mahedy!What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Brazilian Jiu-jitsu or BJJ is a method of self-defense and sport system that focuses on grappling and especially ground-fighting.
- Brazilian jiu-jitsu was formed from Judo’s ground fighting fundamentals that were taught by a number of individuals in post-feudal Japan.
- Carlos and Hélio Gracie were taught these techniques, evolved them and passed their knowledge on to their extended family as well as other instructors.
- BJJ promotes the concept that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger assailant by using proper technique and leverage.
- BJJ is a sport, a great form of self-defense and a fantastic workout!